All licenses shall be annual licenses and shall be due and payable on or before the date the business commences, and shall be renewed annually on the anniversary of the effective date of the initial or prior license; the "effective date" shall be the day the business license is issued.
Before applying, please have ready the following items that may apply to your business:
- Federal Tax ID number or
- Social Security Number
- Driver’s License Number for Primary Contact
- Seller's Permit showing an address in Town of Apple Valley or indicates multiple locations (required for all retail or wholesale businesses)
- Professional State License Number (if applicable).
- Job location and job value (out of city contractors only)
- 501(c)(3) or similar IRS certification letter for Non-Profit Charitable Organizations
- A detailed and complete description of your business activity. Insufficient detail will delay the process and approval.
- Home Occupation Permit (HOP) (If doing business from a Town of Apple Valley residential location)
- If applying in person, bring in a completed HOP application
- If applying online, complete a HOP application and save for use as an attachment to your business license application
- HOP must be signed by the property/homeowner
- Business License Application (If conducting business from a Town of Apple Valley commercial or industrial location) PLEASE NOTE: A P.O. Box is not accepted as a physical place of business
- If applying in person, bring a completed Certificate of Occupancy (C of O) and supplemental applications.
- If applying online, complete the C of O and supplemental applications and save the documents for later use as an attachment to your business license application.
- A Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express credit card or e-check for final payment.
- If you need assistance or more information, contact the Business License Division at (760)240-7000 ext. 7707 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
After submitting your application online, you’ll receive a confirmation email acknowledging that we have received your application. You may receive an additional email asking for further detailed information that may include review and approval by the Planning Department. After the application has been approved, you will receive an email notifying you of the approval along with instructions on how to submit payment.
We wish you much success in your business venture.